Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Years Resolution #1: Hacker Run

I can't count how many times I've started a work-out routine, and stopped after a few weeks.  It makes me sad, because all that time is wasted.  All that productivity, all that work, and all those hours of walking funny because I'm sore are all for naught because I'll inevitably get lazy or busy and revert back to my natural nonathletic state.

Let's try something different this time.  Time to start Couch to 5k again.  The end game?  I've signed up for a Hacker Run and will be participating in the United Way Mississippi River Run in April.

From the Hacker Run Website:
We have designated April to be be “Hacker Run Month” where hackers from all over the world will run a race (5k, 10k, 1/2 or full marathon) in the city of their choosing any time during the month of April. All you have to do is find a run in your area and sign up, It could be a 5k, 10k, 1/2 or Full Marathon: It doesnt matter. Kansas City is currently leading the charge, but hackers from all over the world are encouraged to participate!
Let's see if I can stick to it this time...

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are where you are wanting to be with this. I have been struggling with balancing exercise and computer time (among other things) for years. It's hard, and the balance seems to be ever changing! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete